I am always seeking opportunities to speak and present on topics relating to effective and innovative online communications. I have spoken to audiences large and small, public and private, giving talks ranging from a conference keynote to a five-minute Ignite presentation. See what people are saying and contact me if you are interested in having me speak at your event or organization.
Upcoming Speaking Appearances:
- CASE D1 Conference, “Content Strategy as Change Management,” January 31, 2014, Boston, Mass.
- J.Boye web and intranet conference, May 6-8, 2014, Philadelphia, Pa.
Past Speaking Appearances:
- Confab Higher Ed, “Fit to Print: Creating Purposeful News Content,” Nov. 11-12, 2013, Atlanta, Ga.
- HighEdWeb, Oct. 6, 2013, Buffalo, N.Y.
- HighEdWeb New England, “Improv Content Strategy,” March 18, 2013, South Hadley, Mass.
- Guardian Higher Education Network Live Chat, “University websites: design, content and user experience,” Nov. 30, 2012, online
- Gilbane Boston, Nov. 27-29, 2012, Boston, Mass.
- HighEdWeb, “Creating an Effective Higher Ed Newsroom” (post-conference workshop), Oct. 7-10, 2012, Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Content Strategy Summit, “Content Strategy for Online News Communications,” Sept. 27, 2012. (virtual)
- eduWeb, “Content Strategy and Organizational Change,” July 30-Aug. 1, 2012, Boston, Mass.
- Noel-Levitz 2012 National Conference on Student Recruitment, Marketing, and Retention, “Where Strategy Meets Serendipity: A Framework for the Thoughtful Creation and Maintenance of Social Media Content,” July 24-26, 2012, Chicago, Ill.
- Penn State Web Conference, “Creating and Planning Content for a Responsive Web Design” and “Storytelling as a Framework for Higher Ed Web Marketing,” June 11-12, 2012, State College, Pa.
- SUNYCUAD, “Storytelling as a Framework for Higher Ed Web Marketing” and “Content Strategy in Higher Ed,” June 13-15, 2012, Syracuse, N.Y. (faculty-in-residence)
- NERCOMP: Tweet This SIG!, “Twitter 101: Rules of the Road,” May 9, 2012, Norwood, Mass.
- PRSA 2012 Counselors to Higher Education Senior Summit, “Reinventing News on Your University Website,” Apr. 25-27, 2012, Washington, D.C.
- Ektron webinar, “Storytelling Tips for Digital Marketing Teams,” April 18, 2012. (virtual)
- edSocialMedia Summit, “Our Community: The Co-Author of Our Brand Story,” April 4, 2012 Video
- TEDxSomerville, “Becoming a Twin at Age 23,” March 4, 2012 Video
- University of Texas System Seminar, “Content Strategy,” Feb. 27, 2012
- Social Media Switzerland, “Creative Community Building through Social Media” (webinar), Dec. 12, 2011
- Gilbane Boston, opening keynote, “The Value of Stories for Business,” and “Bridging the Physical and Digital Worlds,” Nov. 30-Dec. 1, 2011
- HighEdWeb, “Carrying the Banner: Reinventing News on your University Website,” Oct. 24, 2011 (This session received both Best of Track [Content] and Best of Conference honors) Video
- Converge Consulting “Friday After Class” (online chat), Oct. 7, 2011
- Educational Media Group KnowledgeBuilder (webinar), “Reinventing News on Your University Website,” Oct. 13, 2011
- Podcamp Boston, “Get Smart About Content,” Sept. 24-25, 2011 Video
- edSocialMedia (webinar), “Reinventing News on Your School Website,” Sept. 27, 2011 Video
- Arkansas Higher Education Web Conference, “Storytelling as a Framework for Higher Ed Web Marketing,” July 21-22, 2011 (keynote) Video
- Higher Ed Live, “A Content-First Approach to Higher Ed Web,” June 19, 2011 Video
- Web 2011 at Penn State University, “Bridging the Real and Virtual Worlds: The Next Evolution of Online and Social Marketing,” June 13-14, 2011
- SUNYCUAD 2011, “Carrying the Banner: Reinventing News on your University Website,” June 8-10, 2011
- AMA Boston, “Being an Authentic Voice in Social Media,” Apr. 6, 2011 (panel discussion)
- Ignite Spatial, “Experience is the New Place,” Mar. 24, 2011
- .eduGuru Summit, “A Bargain Bin MoMA: Content Curation for the Rest of Us,” Mar. 22, 2011 (virtual)
- Suffolk County Community College Professional Development Day, “Connecting with Students on the Web,” Mar. 22, 2011 (private event)
- Higher Ed Live, “Online Newsrooms in Higher Ed,” Feb. 13, 2011 Video
- Ignite Craft, “DIY Web Marketing for DIY Crafters,” Jan. 14, 2011 Video
- Stamats Integrated Marketing Technology Conference, “A Bargain-Bin MoMA: Content Curation on a Budget,” Oct. 23, 2010
- HighEdWeb, “A Bargain-Bin MoMA: Content Curation on a Budget,” Oct. 11, 2010
- #140conf Boston, “Higher Ed in the Now: Building Our Brands in Real-Time,” Sept. 15, 2010
- Ignite Boston 7, March 2010
What People Are Saying:
[Georgy] executed a great presentation for our marketing team on the intersection of digital and public relations. … Her background, experience, knowledge AND humor are a unique blend and I highly recommend for any higher education organization to work with her in some capacity.
- Gene Begin, Digital Marketing Director, Babson College
Georgy’s presentation to the communications staff at Drexel University was insightful and very helpful. She is a skilled professional, who with her expertise, can help provide a guide for social media and web strategies. Georgy is also very personable and delivers her presentation in a way that resonates with her audience. Your web content and social media teams can only benefit from a session with Georgy.
- Niki Gianakaris, Director, Media Relations, Drexel University
Dear conf organizers, sign-up
@radiofreegeorgy to talk. Fantastic job.
— Dave Olsen (@dmolsen) June 11, 2012
75 minutes flies by when
@radiofreegeorgy is presenting. Could listen to her insights for hours. #SUNYCUAD #thanks
— Meg Bernier (@msteverb) June 13, 2012
@psuwebconfReally enjoying @radiofreegeorgy’s overview of writing more structured content for responsive designs. #psuweb12
— Ethan Marcotte (@beep) June 11, 2012
Rarely am I pumped after an all day meeting… props to
@radiofreegeorgy for starting us off right.
— D.Lo (@DLoBoston) June 1, 2012
Very useful and reinforcing concepts from
@radiofreegeorgy #prsache esp on organizing university content
— Bill Smith (@Doctor_BS) April 26, 2012
@radiofreegeorgy those issues have been chopped out of existence. ps your preso at edsummit > most I see. Balance of solid theory + examples
— Brandon Croke (@Bcroke) April 18, 2012
I just keep nodding my head. I want to retweet
@radiofreegeorgy‘s whole presentation. Thanks for the #BU/Bacevich shoutout! #140conf
— Jenny Mackintosh (@JennyMack) September 14, 2010
#heweb10 #tnt session from @radiofreegeorgy . One session down, already something I can’t wait to try back on campus.
— Dave Tyler (@dtyler321) October 11, 2010
Photo by Patrick Rogers/Flickr Creative Commons from TEDxSomerville 2012